Cold Defence Nasal Spray
Antibiotic free cold treatment that prevents germs from spreading and multiplying
- Clinically proven to defend against colds by trapping and disabling cold viruses.
- Clinically proven to shorten the duration of a cold when used at the first sign.
- Helps treat colds at the first sign.
- Helps prevent viruses from spreading and multiplying.
- Soothes and hydrates nasal passages.
- Relieves congestion and runny nose.
Clinically proven to defend against colds.
Use at the first sign of a cold.
- Helps treat the common cold by trapping and disabling viruses.
- Creates a protective layer in the nasal cavity to block viruses.
- Clinically proven to shorten the duration of a cold.
- Helps to reduce the spread of cold viruses.
- Helps moisten the nasal lining to protect it from dryness.
Adults and Children (> 4 years):
At the first sign of a cold: One spray 3 times per day into each nostril.
To moisten dry nasal lining: One spray 1-3 time(s) per day into each nostril.
Children 1-4 years of age: Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use.
CAUTION: If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a healthcare practitioner.
Do not use: if you have a hypersensitivity to carrageenan.
Stop use if: nasal burning, nasal irritation or nausea occurs.
Store under normal conditions, below 25°C. Protect from sunlight. Keep out of the reach of children.
Medical Ingredients (per mL):
Antibiotic & Steroid Free
How To Use BETADINE® Cold Defence Nasal Spray
Blow your nose gently.
Remove the protection cap, shake the bottle and pump the spray a few times until a fine mist comes out.
Sit up with your head tilted slightly forward and breathe out slowly.
Close one nostril and gently insert the nozzle into the other.
Gently squeeze the pump as you breathe in.
Repeat steps 1 through 5 for the other nostril.
Use 1 spray per nostril, three times per day.
Sore Throat Spray
A convenient on-the-go throat spray that helps treat infections that can cause sore throats due to viruses and bacteria.
Sore Throat Gargle
A great home use sore throat treatment. A 30sec gargle that helps treat the infection in your mouth and throat that can cause sore throat and canker sores. Use at the first sign.
How Do You Get A Cold?
Cold Causes: How You Get Infected
Contrary to popular belief, common colds are not caused by cold weather. A cold is caused by viruses, most commonly rhinoviruses, that are transmitted through the air and through close contact with a cold carrier.
Cold Contraction: How Cold Viruses Spread
Viruses are inhaled through the nose or mouth and attach to the nasal lining where they multiply and spread.
The viruses invade healthy cells in the nasal passages and cause symptoms such as: stuffy and runny nose, sore throat and scratchy throat, coughing, sneezing, aches and pains, and fever.
Frequently Asked Questions
The flu (Influenza) and the common cold are both respiratory illnesses caused by viruses. Influenza is a specific type of infection caused by specific viruses, generally the Influenza A or Influenza B viruses. The common cold can be caused by hundreds of different types of viruses. The main difference is that influenza tends to cause more systemic symptoms.
|Flu symptoms include:||Common cold symptoms include:|
|Fever over 100.4 F||Runny and/or stuffy nose|
|Aching muscles, especially in your back, arms and legs||Sore throat|
|Chills and sweats||Coughing|
|Dry, persistent cough||Gradual onset of symptoms|
|Fatigue and weakness|
|Sudden onset of symptoms|
Although there is no immunization for the common cold, you can take the following steps to help prevent contracting it:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. This reduces the risk of spreading viruses and bacteria. Also wash hands after contact with an infected person or surface.
- Avoid contact with infected people. Cold viruses are often spread through close proximity so keeping a distance for the duration of the cold is ideal.
- Engage in a healthy lifestyle. Eating well, (consuming foods and drinks high in vitamins and antioxidants) exercising, getting enough sleep and avoiding stress are great ways to build your immune system to prevent infections.
- If you do feel signs of a cold brewing, use BETADINE® Cold Defence Nasal Spray to help prevent viruses from spreading and to shorten the duration of a cold.
An upper-respiratory infection (URI) is an infection that affects the upper air passages including the larynx, the nasal cavity, the nasal passages, and the pharynx.
The sources of URIs are almost always viral. Droplets of infected saliva and mucus spray out into the air when a person sneezes or coughs. Other people may breathe them in, or they can land on surfaces that others touch. Symptoms can include:
- Discomfort in the nasal passages
- Mild fever
- Excess mucus
- Nasal congestion
- Pain or pressure behind the face
- A runny nose
- A sore throat
BETADINE® Cold Defence Nasal Spray is an innovative treatment for early intervention and treatment of the common cold.
BETADINE® Cold Defence works by trapping and disabling viruses which then get eliminated naturally, thereby having symptom relief effects. Our studies have examined all common cold symptoms and have demonstrated that BETADINE® Cold Defence Nasal Spray can reduce the total cold symptoms such as runny nose and nasal congestion when used as an early intervention common cold treatment.
There is no recommended duration of use for BETADINE® Cold Defence Nasal Spray. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult your healthcare practitioner.
It’s important to remember that there are three different types of carrageenan: iota, kappa and lambda. BETADINE® Cold Defence Nasal Spray contains only one type of carrageenan, which is the iota carrageenan. Studies have shown that iota carrageenan is safe to use through intranasal application and is clinically proven to have an antiviral effect.
The concentration of iota-carrageenan contained in BETADINE® Cold Defence is 1.2 mg/ml. This concentration is safe in children and adults >4. For children ages 1-4, consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use.
The recommended dosage for BETADINE® Cold Defence Nasal Spray is 1 spray into each nostril 3 times per day.